Guest(s): Sheree Budgell, Pelvic Health & Orthopaedic Physiotherapist
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Sheree Budgell, to talk about returning to exercise after birth.
- What timelines should a postpartum mom follow when returning to exercise or running?
- For moms who love to run, should they be squeezing their pelvic floor the entire time to prevent leaking?
- Symptoms that moms should be aware of that indicate that a type of excercise is too much load for their pelvic floor.
- Can we do longterm damage by returning to high impact exercise too early?
- Other possible factors that need to be considered with returning to exercise.
Geneviève & Heather