September 24, 2018
Episode: E-38 How to Keep Thriving with Children
Guest(s): Tannis Frame from ‘Decide to Thrive’
Hi Everyone,Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Tannis Frame from ‘Decide to Thrive’ to talk about how to keep thriving with children.
• Tanis talks about us as woman and who we are.
• Tanis talks about typical “Parenthood Myths”.
• She gives us great insight on how to ‘thrive’ and not just ‘survive’ through parenthood.
• How to make time for self-care.
• Tanis explains how to get out of the “Overwhelmed Mode”.
• Tanis gives us tools to help us keep thriving on a daily basis.
September 17, 2018
Episode: E-37 Separation Anxiety
Guest(s): Sonja Latifpour, Children’s Therapist. and Agnes Mayer
Hi Everyone,Today on ParentTalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Children’s Therapist, Sonja Latifpour, and as a guest, Agnes Mayer.
• Sonja explains what Separation Anxiety is.
• We talk about Separation Anxiety with Children being dropped off at Daycare, Preschool or even Kindergarten and Elementary School.
• Sonja shares common missteps that parents may take when trying to help.
• And how we can we help our children with their anxiety.
September 10, 2018
Episode: E-36 The Strong Start Program in BC.
Guest(s): Meredith Dawson, Strong Start Educator
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Meredith Dawson, Strong Start Educator, to talk about the strong Start Program.
• Meredith explains what the Strong Start Program is and the role of their Educators.
• We talk about the main things families are searching for when attending the Strong Start Program.
• Meridith gives us a supportive messages for families.
• And she explains what to expect when attending Strong Start.
September 3, 2018
Episode: E-35 Keeping Children Engaged in Learning.
Guest(s): Stephanie Watt and Debbie Vanderwood
Today on ParentTalk, right in time to go ‘Back to School’, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming two Teachers, Stephanie Watt and Debbie Vanderwood.
• We will be talking about how to keep Children engaged in learning.
• We will discuss all ages, right from Babies to School Age Children.
August 27, 2018
Episode: E-34 Transition into Parenthood
Guest(s): Michelle Tyliakos, a Birth and Postpartum Doula
Today Genevieve & Heather are welcoming Michelle Tyliakos, a Birth and Postpartum Doula, to talk about the transition into Parenthood.
• How to create your village.
• When to accept help.
• The importance of skin to skin, especially in the first week.
• Tips for our partner on how to take care of new mom and baby.
• Staying on top of our mental health.
• And the importance of toilet paper…
August 20, 2018
Episode: E-33 Tempers, Tantrums & Tears
Guest(s): Bridgett Miller, Parent Consultant
Today on Parenttalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Bridgett Miller, Parent Consultant with ‘Look with Love’, to talk about Tempers, Tantrums and Tears.
• When do tantrums begin and what is going on with your child when they are having a tantrum.
• Bridgett explains how to handle our child’s emotional outbursts.
• Bridgett talks about how we can help our children adapt and that it is ok the comfort a crying child after a tantrum.
• How to recognize if there are underlying issues when our child has a tantrum.
August 13, 2018
Episode: E-32 Osteopathy and it's role in Preventive Medicine for your family.
Guest(s): Melisa Dzamastagic, Osteopathic Practitioner
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Melisa Dzamastagic, Osteopathic Practitioner from Vancity Osteopathy, to talk about Osteopathy and it’s role in Preventative Medicine for your family.
• Melisa shares her vision for today’s health care.
• She explains what Osteopathy is and why we might consult an Osteopathic Practitioner.
• Melisa goes over the history of Osteopathy.
• And she talks about Osteopathy’s role in Preventive Medicine.
August 6, 2018
Episode: 31 How to be an involved Dad and keep a great work and family life balance.
Guest(s): Tom Hassan and Sean Lambert
Today on ParentTalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming two Dads, Tom Hassan and Sean Lambert, to talk about being involved Dads and how they try to keep a great work and family life balance.
• What they love about being involved in everyday family life as Dads.
• How to assess work/family priorities.
• What they do when work gets busy and takes over family time.
• How they juggle to try and get enough couple time, social time, and “ME” time.
• And why many men could be struggling with their family and work life balance.
July 30, 2018
Episode: E30- The most common questions and concerns to do with Breastfeeding
Guest(s): Agnes Mayer, Registered Nurse and Mama Coach
Just in time for World Breastfeeding Week, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Agnes Mayer, Registered Nurse and Mama Coach, to talk about the most common questions and concerns to do with Breastfeeding.
- Agnes explains the process of Mom and Baby both learning about breastfeeding together.
- She informs us about when our milk comes in and what to look for to insure your little one is getting enough.
- She talks about what to do to make breastfeeding a great experience and when to ask for support.
- She talks about how a big concern for some Moms is not bonding with their babies if they are unable or choose not to breastfeed.
- Agnes also shares some ways help us to increase our milk supply.
July 23, 2018
Episode: No. 29 - How Much is Too Much Screen Time
Guest(s):Isabel Sylvestre and Genevieve Hassan.
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming two Moms, Isabel Sylvestre and Genevieve Hassan to talk about their thoughts on how much is too much screen time.
- We start by going over the guidelines set by the Canadian Paediatric Society.
- We all share how we are currently handling screen time in our homes and with our families.
- We talk about different ideas such as having a designated space for screen time and limiting the amount of screens in our homes.
- We wonder if we as parents are setting good examples for our children.
- We also discuss how to establish screen time rules/limits for our families.