August 6, 2019
Welcome to ParentTalk’s REAL MOM MOMENTS!!!
These segments include the "Cute and the Funny" as well as the "Crazy and Frazzled" moments they are experiencing being mothers of young children.
In this episode, Heather talks how grateful she is for her friends and family that went above and beyond to help her out when she recently put her neck out and Genevieve shares about how she had to switch last minute to hosting Nathan’s first birthday party inside when it unexpectedly decided to rain. Again help from friends and family had this Puppy themed party go off without a bark!
As Mom’s, we think that we have to do so much on our own but it really does take a village!! It’s always OK to ask for help! ❤️
July 28, 2019
Episode: E095- Twins Life - A How-To
Guest(s): Leah Cairns, Krista Gruen, and Julia Tsirogiannis
Today on ParentTalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming 3 local Moms to talk about life with Twins!
• Their reaction when they found out that they were expecting twins.
• Any complications while pregnant and/or with delivery.
• Did you get or ask for help when the twins were born?
• Something special that somebody did that really helped your family and how we can support a family expecting twins.
• Twins and multiples clubs and/or FB groups.
Their recommendations for families expecting twins.
Thank you to Leah Cairns, Krista Gruen, and Julia Tsirogiannis for sharing their experiences!
July 23, 2019
Episode: E094- Cultivating Flourishing Children
Guest(s): Paul Pahil, European Master Practitioner of Applied Positive Psychology
Today, on a Special Edition of ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Paul Pahil, European Master Practitioner of Applied Positive Psychology, all the way from Budapest! He will be sharing his ideas on how to Cultivate Flourishing Children.
• What is Positive Psychology and what does it mean “Flourishing”?
• How the way a child perceives happiness is dependant on the way parents perceive happiness.
• The optimal relationship between a parent and a child.
• Do we need to engage and entertain our children all the time?
• Children, Parents, and Role Models.
• Paul’s thoughts on Parents having high expectations for their children.
July 21, 2019
Episode: E093- Diastasis and Pelvic Floor Connection with Kim Vopni
Guest(s): Kim Vopni, Certified Personal Trainer, Women’s Health Educator, Author, and Speaker
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Kim Vopni, Certified Personal Trainer, Women’s Health Educator, Author, and Speaker, to talk about Diastasis and Pelvic Floor Connection.
- What exactly is Diastasis and how does it relate to the Pelvic Floor.
- How do we repair Diastasis?
- Will we ever jump on a trampoline or sneeze without leaking again?
- The importance of seeing a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist and how they can help.
July 14, 2019
Episode: E092- Babywearing & Language Development with Chelsey Chichak
Guest(s): Chelsey Chichak, Speach & Language Pathologist
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Speach & Language Pathologist Chelsey Chichak to talk about Baby Wearing and Language Development.
• What babywearing has to do with language development.
• How we can use babywearing to help support my child’s speech and language skills.
• Types of carriers and wraps.
• Tips on toddler wearing.
• Where we can find help with babywearing.
• Where do we start when our child does not like to be worn.
July 7, 2019
Episode: E091- Transforming Mealtime into a Positive Experience with Ann-Marie Rideout.
Guest(s): Ann-Marie Rideout, Owner of Well Fed Studios
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Ann-Marie Rideout, Owner of Well Fed Studios, to talk about how we can transform mealtime into a positive experience.
• How to get my child to the table without drama.
• Should children be kept on a strict schedule when it comes to mealtimes?
• How to introduce new foods without drama.
• How long should my child stay at the dinner table?
• Should I encourage them to eat?
• Putting away technology and turning off all screens to promote healthier eating habits.
July 3, 2019
Episode: E90 – Is Fluoride for your Family?
Guest(s): Registered Dental Hygienists; Sheryl Lee, Shannon Derrick, and Manroop Ferraro
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Registered Dental Hygienists; Sheryl Ann, Shannon Derrick, and Manroop Ferraro to talk about whether Fluoride is right for your Family.
• What is fluoride?
• The Canadian Dental Association’s recommendations.
• Does Tap Water contain Fluoride?
• The impact of too much fluoride.
• What they do with their own families.
June 25, 2019
Welcome to ParentTalk’s REAL MOM MOMENTS!!!
These segments include the "Cute and the Funny" as well as the "Crazy and Frazzled" moments we are experiencing being mothers of young children.
In this episode, Heather talks how hard the toddler years can be on a couple and Genevieve shares about how she’s making a conscious effort to make time for herself and do more meditation.
#RealMomMoments #RealMOMents #ParentTalk #ParentTalkPodcast #Createyourvillage #askforhelp #Parenting #podcasting #fun
June 23, 2019
Episode: E88 - The world of 3D and 4D Ultrasounds
Guest(s): Brie Birch of Belly Bean Imaging
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Brie Birch of Belly Bean Imaging, to talk about 3D and 4D Ultrasounds.
- The difference between 2D, 3D, and 4D ultrasounds.
- When the best time is for a 3D and 4D Ultrasound.
- Reasons people choose to have a 3D-4D Ultrasound.
- How Belly Bean Imaging got started and what Brie loves most about her job.