March 17, 2019
Episode: E71 – Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Guest(s): Paul Sweeney, Respiratory Therapist at Coastal Sleep
This week on ParentTalk Genevieve And Heather are welcoming Paul Sweeney, Respiratory Therapist at Coastal Sleep to talk about snoring and sleep apnea.
• Why people snore
• How is snoring related to sleep apnea
• What is sleep apnea
• The signs and symptoms of sleep apnea
• Medical risk of sleep apnea
• Why sleep apnea is more common in pregnant women.
• How to get tested for Sleep Apnea.
• Treatment Options for Sleep Apnea
• Medical condition that make people higher risk for sleep apnea.
March 10, 2019
Episode: E-70 Understanding your Child's Anxiety
Guest(s): Sonja Latifpour, Social Worker and Courtney Nichols, Clinical Counsellor.
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Social Worker Sonja Latifpour and Clinical Counsellor Courtney Nichols to talk about how to better understand your child’s anxiety.
• What anxiety looks like in children.
• What is happening in my child’s brain when they are feeling/experiencing worry.
• Common things we as parents may attempt to do to help that may not actually be that helpful.
• Does empathy work as a tool to ease anxiety?
• What is resilience and how can I help my child be more resilient.
• When to seek professional help.
To get Sonja Recommended Booklist contact us at:
March 4, 2019
Episode: E-69 Nutrition for Fertility
Guest(s):Krista Parr, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Krista Parr with ‘Root to Fruit Nutrition’, to talk about Nutrition for Fertility.
• At what point should a woman consider making dietary changes when preparing for pregnancy.
• What are the best foods to focus on for optimal fertility and what should be avoided.
• How important is eating organic for fertility.
• If there are any different nutritional recommendations for women hoping to conceive through IVF.
• What dietary changes men could also be making to support fertility.
February 25, 2019
Episode: E68 - “Daytime Dads”
Guest(s):Joe O’Reily and Stephen Zillwood
Today on ParentTalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming two local Dads, Joe O’Reily and Stephen Zillwood, to talk about their personal stories of having the opportunity to be their child’s primary caregiver during the day and what that experience was like.
• The situation that allowed both of them to be home during the day with their children.
• What they liked most about being at home with their children.
• What did they find most challenging.
• With opposite schedules from their partners, how they made time together as a family and as a couple.
• Types of activities they did with their children during the day before they were school aged?
• Their advice for other Dads who are thinking to stay at home with their children.
February 18, 2019
Episode: E67 - Raising a Transgender Child with Ruby
Guest(s): Ruby, Co-Host of new Podcast ‘The Gender Diaries
Today on ParentTalk, Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Ruby, Co-Host of new Podcast ‘The Gender Diaries’, to talk about her personal experience with raising a Transgender Child.
What we cover:
• Ruby shares her personal story of her Transgender Son.
• What people’s initial reactions were.
• How she felt as a Mom.
• Her message for all of us.
February 14, 2019
Welcome to ParentTalk’s REAL MOM MOMENTS!!!
These segments include the "Cute and the Funny" as well as the "Crazy and Frazzled" moments they are experiencing by being mothers of young children.
In this episode, Heather’s baby girl will be here very soon, hear how she is getting ready and how “nesting” is going. Genevieve has just returned from beautiful Hawaii and will be sharing her 10 top travel tips for traveling with babies!
They are also inviting their listeners to participate by sending them stories of their own that they would like to be shared on the podcast.
February 11, 2019
Episdoe: E-65 Decoding Children’s Behaviour with Louise Clarke
Guest(s): Louise Clarke, Certified Parent Coach, Mindfulness Coach, Podcaster
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Louise Clarke, Certified Parent Coach, Mindfulness Coach, Podcaster, and Mom of 3 Teens, to talk to us about decoding our children’s behaviour.
• How to decode our children’s behaviour.
• How understanding our child’s behaviour is the key to knowing how to deal with it.
• What Louise recommends parents do to understand why their child is behaving a certain way.
• When our children don’t seem to listen, what we should we do.
• How we should look at the situation when our kids are acting up. Louise talks about the “Iceberg” analogy.
To get Louise Child's Behaviour Iceberg PDF, email us at:
February 4, 2019
Episode: E64 Doulas and the Benefits of hiring one
Guest(s):Birth & Postpartum Doula Jazzmin Nagy and local Mom Amber Carter
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather welcome Birth & Postpartum Doula Jazzmin Nagy and local Mom Amber Carter, to talk about Doulas.
• What is a Doula and how do they support families.
• What a Doula does Prenatally, during Labour, and Postnatally.
• Amber’s and Heather's personal experience with hiring a Doula.
• What is the cost and what to look for when hiring a Doula.
• The difference between a Midwife and a Doula.
January 28, 2019
Episode: E63 - Speech and Language Development
Guest(s): Chelsey Chichak, Speech and Language Pathologist
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Speech and Language Pathologist, Chelsey Chichak, to talk to us about Speech and Language Development in our little ones.
• Milestones my child should be reaching with their speech.
• When should we be concerned.
• Do I need a medical referral to see a Speech Pathologist.
• Heather shares her personal story.
• How does learning two languages at once affect development.
January 21, 2019
Episode No.:E62 - Head Shape and Torticollis
Guest(s): Pediatric Physiotherapists, Kate Heays from Playworks Physio and Silvana Echeverri from Kids Physio
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Pediatric Physiotherapists, Kate Heays from Playworks Physio and Silvana Echeverri from Kids Physio, to talk about Baby’s Head Shape and Torticollis.
• What is Torticollis and what causes it.
• What causes Head Shape deformities in babies.
• How to know if a child may have Torticollisor Plagiocephaly.
• What dose a physiotherapist do to asses and treat Torticollis and Head Shape.