July 16, 2018
Episode: No. 28 - How to Set up Your Family for Financial Success
Guest(s):Nesrine Jabbour, Financial Advisor with Pretium Wealth Management.
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Nesrine Jabbour, Financial Advisor with Pretium Wealth Management.
• Nesrine talks about where we should start when we’re thinking about family financial planning.
• Nesrine talks about setting up our children for financial success.
• She also tells us about the most common financial mistakes people make.
July 9, 2018
Episode: No. 27 - How to handle our Toddler’s Tricky Behaviours
Guest(s):Cherrie Tam, Parenting Coach, Author, and Chief Baby Officer at ‘Parenting Littles’
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Cherrie Tam, Parenting Coach, Author, and Chief Baby Officer at ‘Parenting Littles’, to talk about how to handle and what to do with our toddler’s tricky behaviours.
• Cherrie explains why children don’t seem listen in the first place.
• Cherrie talks about many core traits and behaviours we see in toddlers such as hitting, bitting, Mr/Miss independent and separation anxiety.
• She is explains why ‘time out’ and ingnoring your child’s behaviour doesn’t work, and why distraction only works short term.
• Cherrie coaches us on how to get our young children to cooperate without distracting, bribing or threatening.
• She also talks about the best ways to foster Emotionally Intelligent young children.
July 2, 2018
Episode: No. 26 - How to Navigate Social Media with Your Family
Guest(s): Jazzmin Nagy and Amber Carter
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming fellow Moms, Jazzmin Nagy and Amber Carter, to talk about how to navigate Social Media with your family.
- We talk about making quality posts and thinking about future consequences that certain posts and/or pictures might have.
- Types of photos that are being shared either on social media and/or work phones.
- Being aware of geolocation posting (location tags/check-ins).
- Knowing how to set our privacy and security settings properly.
- Being more present with our little ones and more aware of the time we spend on our phones/social media in front of them. • How it is important and respectful to get consent from both our friends and family before posting pictures of them and/or their children.
June 25, 2018
Episode: No. 25 - Orthodontic Treatment
Guest(s): Dr. Jordan Millar, Orthodontist
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Dr. Jordan Millar, Orthodontist, to talk about Orthodontic Treatments for the whole family.
• Dr. Millar informs us on the best time for a child to see an orthodontist.
• She explains what a treatment with a single phase looks like in comparison to a treatment with two phases.
• Dr. Millar discusses if and how soothers, thumb/finger sucking, and/or nail biting habits affect a child’s teeth.
• How long are Orthodontic Treatments, their cost and how much discomfort and/or pain to expect?
• What the difference is between Clear Aligners and Braces. Do clear aligners work? Can children or teens wear clear aligners?
June 18, 2018
Episode: No. 24 - Treating Stress and Burnout using Natural Medicine.
Guest(s): Dr. Kathleen Mahannah, ND
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Dr. Kathleen Mahannah, ND, to talk about Treating Stress and Burnout using Natural Medicine.
- Dr. Mahannah explains exactly what Stress is and how it affects our body.
- She gives us some Simple Tips on how to Reduce and Manage our Stress Levels.
- Dr. Mahannah shares options of Supplements and/or Herbs that can help with Stress, Brain Fog and Better Sleep.
June 11, 2018
Episode: No. 23 - Children's Ear Infections
Guest(s): Dr. Adrian Gooi, MD, & ENT Specialist.
• Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Dr. Adrian Gooi, MD, & ENT Specialist, to talk about Children’s Ears Infections.
• Dr Gooi explains the different types of Ear Infections our children may get.
• What are the causes of Ears Infections, treatments options and what could happen if it goes untreated.
• Who is more prone to getting Ears Infections and how we may be able to prevent them.
June 4, 2018
Episode: No. 22 - Parenting with PTSD
Guest(s): Joyelle Brandt, Co Editor of ‘Parenting with PTSD’.
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Joyelle Brandt, Co Editor of ‘Parenting with PTSD’.
• Joyelle describes how to identify if you are possibly suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
• We talk about why when we become parents, those triggers come up and how is it different for Moms and Dads.
• Joyelle goes over why triggers can come up at different stages of parenting.
• She explains the 3 markers of trauma and common coping mechanisms.
• Joyelle shares the process of how the book came to be.
• She has some great advice for parents suffering from triggers from PTSD as well as for parents that may not be aware that they are suffering from PTSD.
And how to find the right Therapist that is trained and specialized in this area.
May 28, 2018
Episode: No. 21 - Children's Behavior - Planning and preparing for Toddler-Hood and Beyond
Guest(s): Julie Romanowski, Early Childhood Educator and Parenting Coach
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Julie Romanowski, Early Childhood Educator and Parenting Coach with “Miss Behaviour - Parenting coach & Consultant Services”
• We will talk about some great ways to manage our toddler’s tantrums.
• Julie gives us some good tools to help us communicate with our children.
• We discuss how to negotiate bed time.
• And how we as parents, can be connected with our toddlers and beyond and build strong relationships.
May 21, 2018
Episode: No. 20 - Male Fertility.
Guest(s): Dr. Tanner Alden, Naturopathic Doctor
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Dr. Tanner Alden, Naturopathic Doctor, to talk about Male Fertility.
- Alden explains what Infertility is.
- What can cause Male Infertility.
- What can be wrong with the sperm and how and when it can be tested.
- Dr Alden explains the differences between the Naturopathic approach and the Conventional approach in Male Fertility.
- What is the correlation between Clean Eating and Fertility and which supplements can help too!
May 14, 2018
Episode: No. 19 - Potty Training and Constipation
Guest(s): Tamara Nerreter and Laura Patrick
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming two Physiotherapists, Tamara Nerreter and Laura Patrick, to guide us through the adventure of Toilette Training.
The conversation includes the following topics:
- Tips on when to start Potty Training.
- Tamara explains how to use a Stool Chart.
- We discuss possible causes for Bed Wetting.
- We talk about causes for Constipation and what to do if you think your child suffers from Constipation.
- Tamara also gives us some great references to Books and a Website to help guide us along.